Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lindsey's Portraits

Personally, I love playing with lighting.  I know I'm kind of a noob, but I think it's so much fun to play around and get different effects with lights.  This assignment kind of taught me how technical lighting is.  I kind of assumed it was something that a person just "has an eye" for, but this taught me that with things like the inverse square law, there's a technical, mathematical side to lighting.  I'm looking forward to chances in the future to gain more lighting experience in the field of photography and film.

2:1 ratio. f/5.6, 1/80 s, ISO-400, 55mm

3:1 ratio. f/5.6, 1/80 s, ISO-400, 55mm

7:1 ratio, my personal favorite. f/5.6, 1/80 s, ISO-400, 55mm

2 comments:

  1. Your 7:1 is my favorite too, but the modeling has a bit more to go. First, your position is too far off the axis we set up for the position of the backlight to the key. Second, if she turned her head a bit more camera right, the shadow from her nose would fall more appropriately into the cleft of her cheek, revealing more of the rembrandt triangle.

    ReplyDelete